The infamous $2,500 per pack Razor Oval Office is now live and a few of the cards have already hit eBay. While the winner among the pulls appears to be a “1 of 1″ Ulysses S. Grant and a Richard Nixon/Gerald Ford dual cut signature, one has to wonder how much money will be lost on the Harry & Bess Truman dual. (link)
An Upper Deck Harry Truman cut signature hit eBay in January with a starting bid of $999 dollars and failed to sell. It made a return in February and sold for just $510 dollars. Topps released a Bess Truman autograph in 2008 which sold for just $153.49 so unless there is some kind of crazy bidding war you could be looking at the first Razor Oval Office pack that fails to sell for a thousand dollars.
I am going to keep track of all the pulls that make their way on eBay to see how many cards make a profit. I am going to make an estimated guess that 60% of the cards placed on eBay will make $2,500 or more. If you see any on eBay not on the tracking list, please let me know.
1. Harry & Bess Truman – Final Sale: $1,009
2. Benjamin & Caroline Harrison – Final Sale:
3. Ulysses S. Grant – Final Sale:
4. Richard Nixon & Gerald Ford – Final Sale: $810
5. Bill Clinton/George Bush – Final Sale
6. Ronald Reagen/Margaret Thatcher – Final Sale